Student record information is confidential and private. In accordance with both federal law (FERPA) and Proximity Learning, Inc. (“PLI”) policy, PLI does not release student record information without prior written consent of the student. The one exception to this is that PLI may release “directory information” items without prior student consent. Directory information is defined as that information which would not generally be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed. Designated directory information at PLI includes the following:
- Address (local, permanent residence and electronic mail)
- Telephone number
- Class level (semester class or level: first-year, sophomore, junior, senior, etc.)
- Student activities
- Weight/height (athletic teams)
- Dates of attendance
- Enrollment status (full-time, part-time, or not enrolled)
- Date of graduation
- Degrees and awards received and where received
- Most recent educational institution attended
To Withhold Directory Information:
All students may request that directory information not be released publicly. This is an important student privilege that results in the following:
- Verification of enrollment, graduation, or degrees awarded will not be provided to third parties, including potential employers.
- No information will be released to any person (including the student) on the telephone or via email.
- In order to withhold directory information, the student must provide a signed request form to a PLI official.
- PLI will provide student with documentation that their request has been fulfilled.
Let's Work Together
Could live online instruction from Proximity Learning benefit your school district?
Contact us today to get started