American Sign Language
The benefits of learning American Sign Language extend far beyond just knowing a second language. Learning ASL allows individuals to participate and engage in communication with the Deaf and Hearing Impaired community.
Our online course takes students from introductory to advanced levels of ASL as a world language. Students meet with live highly-qualified, state-certified teachers twice a week online.
Whether you’re a school administrator seeking to offer new foreign language courses to your students or a parent looking to enroll your child into a summer learning program, there’s an option for everyone.
Students will learn from curriculum developed by highly qualified educators with many years of experience teaching in the traditional classroom and online. This is what you can expect from our courses:
- ASL signing, writing and reading ASL gloss (the transcription of ASL signs)
- Online live classes
- Live language labs
- Teachers available for office hours
- Interactive assignments
- Weekly quizzes
All courses are conducted live by highly qualified instructors so students receive the best learning experience. Video “receptive” exercises test visual comprehension of ASL signing and are recorded using professional ASL teachers and members of the Deaf community.
The courses make extensive use of multimedia tools in the Learning Management System to allow students to produce video of themselves signing. Exercises also test student’s ability to comprehend and produce ASL gloss. All lessons regularly connect study of ASL with the greater Deaf community, its history, and challenges the Deaf face in interacting with the hearing world.
We understand one of the biggest difficulties school administrators face is hiring qualified instructors to place in front of their students. Our virtual staffing options can offer a solution to this by:
- Placing live teachers to fill vacancies within your school
- Incorporating a blended learning program with your current technology
- Aligning to your school schedule, calendar, and grading policies
- Helping you increase your passing rates with qualified instructors
- Working with your existing budget to maximize allocated funds
Today more than ever, parents have the ability to direct the educational path their students will follow. We have options for parents who home-school their children or are interested in summer learning options. Benefits include:
- Ability to work from anywhere with an Internet connection
- Credit awards recognized nationally for every course successfully completed
- Access to highly-qualified, state-certified teachers from around the nation
- Monitor your child’s progress through advanced learning management system
- Prices for program start at only $700 per course per semester without any setup fees